Monday, April 27, 2009

New Clothes

Hello dear and beloveds. For those of you who know me, I LOVE dresses! Before I had the privelige beingof becoming Mrs. Nathan Parrish, I had tons of them, many of them pretty dang short, too (how do you think I snagged my man?!). Well as you can imagine my dress wardrobe has slimmed down quite a bit in an effort to be more modest. This makes me sad! I don't want to be one of those girls who looks super gay because they are trying ever so hard to get away with inmodest clothes while adhereing to a self imposed dress code, but I also don't want to look like a sister missionary. Ya know what I mean? (No offense to either of these groups)

Well, being the daughter of my mother (a master at taking junk and turning it into treasures) I have determined to take all of my inmodest and outdated dresses I've been holding onto for the past year and make modest and modern modifications to them. I've had a lot of success in the past with this and wanted to chronicle my sewing journey. I've got a few projects underway and can't wait to share my progress, that is if I can get my sewing machine to work. Posts with pictures are soon to come!

1 comment:

Douglas Family said...

oohhhhh! Can't wait you have cute clothes. Maybe I can learn a thing or two about tailoring clothes.