Wednesday, August 19, 2009

What is Laveen?

A beautiful agricultural community! Laveen is known for its dairies and farms. The town slogan "Laveen: Come smell our dairy air!".

Quaint Small Town! Think Queen Creek with freeways and ten minutes from downtoan Phoenix .

A haven for sportslovers! There are plans to build a Spring Training sports center in 2012.

Sports Tragedy! Miami Dolphins linebacker Larry Gordon died while jogging in Laveen. Philidelphia Eagles linebacker Byron Evons' house burnt down in Laveen. In 2006, Emmit Smith built a massive shopping center in Laveen, it is now completely abondoned! Sports stars- stay out of Laveen!

A burgeoning metropolis! Aside form Emmitt Smith's failed attempts, Laveen really is growing. ADOT is expanding the 202 and 101 freeways into Laveen, there are plans for a hospital and shopping centers (I hope a Target!).

Our New Home Town! Thats right, we're moving this Labor Day weekend. I hope that this bevy of information has swayed you to make the trip to come visit us in beautiful Laveen!

Follow the link to take a look at our first house. (Sorry I have trouble loading pictures)

7 comments:

Quinn & Ogden Nash said...

Laveen is also far from Mesa! But that's ok so was Queen Creek and we went out there so I think your ok

Katie said...

YEY FOR YOU! I'm super excited you found a house (even if it's far away!) Looks like the previous owner liked yellow!

Katie said...

And it's 28.2 miles from my house so yeah, Queen Creekish.

Bethany said...

Oh my goodness I am so happy for you! Congratulations! I am going to miss you just across from me (and not to mention always borrowing stuff from you guys!), but I don't mind driving! I am just so happy/jealous of you!

JamieLynn said...

These people don't know what far away is....were thousands of miles away and we'll still come visit you. Thanksgiving at your place?! I call the crazy pink, yellow and blue room!

Papa Parrish said...

Looks wonderful. I am so happy for you. Thank you for making a home for B. Nana

As Told By Molly said...

Wow! What great news for you guys. I'll miss having you right around the corner, but we're really happy for you both. There are only two wards in Laveen so you have a 50/50 chance of being in one with my brother and sister-in-law!